Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello World!

Well, I am finally joining the blogosphere. Better late than never, right? I have never felt compelled to start a blog but recent events have changed my mind. Doug and I are expecting a baby in April and there are some big changes taking place around Casa de Belknap that I want to be able to share with family and friends. Many of the people we love are scattered across the globe so a blog seems like a good way to keep everyone up-to-date on what's going on without plastering it all over Facebook. So, let's begin.

Doug spent the weekend golfing at Lake Lanier. That's a good-looking group. I especially like that they color coded their teams.



While the boys were away the girls kicked off the nursery extravaganza. I had been collecting "inspiration pieces" for several years knowing that we would eventually have need of a nursery. Unfortunately, I was not born with a decorator's eye. I tend to reach a certain point in decorating and then shut down. I also have a horrible track record with paint colors so I like to rely on the professionals. Enter Dan DeSantis. He has helped my mom and me out on several other rooms in our houses so we invited him down Friday to help bring my vision to life. As usual, we are thrilled with what he came up with and I will be sharing our progress on the blogknap.

I am also hoping to convince Doug to write a few guest posts so check back for updates! I am also working on my photo-taking and editing skills so look out for more picture heavy posts coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm am no an official follower of Blogknap! You've also been added to my RSS feed so I will know as soon as you post new things! I can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete